Aberdeen Heat & Power Co Ltd (AHP) was established in 2002 with the aim of alleviating fuel poverty for the residents of Aberdeen. The first 240kW gas-fuelled combined heat and power generator started producing heat and hot water in 2006.
At the present time the company generates 5.5MWh of electricity and approximately 8.5MWh of heat supplying heat and hot water to 3,000 residential dwellings and 19 public buildings through four separate district heat networks.
Aberdeen City has 59 multi-storey blocks of flats, to date 46 of these have been connected either to communal heat systems or to the main district heat networks.
Tina Buchanan started supporting AHP in 2007 and became their Financial Controller in 2012. The support she has provided since 2007 includes the following:
- Financial Feasibility Study assessments for proposed connections or new heat sources
- Reconciliation of the project costs against budget
- Maintenance of the fixed asset registers totalling over £22m of capital spend
- Monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary
- Annual budget preparation
- Tariff setting for heat, maintenance and private wire electricity
- VAT compliance
- PAYE compliance
- Heat data analysis
- Board and sub-committee attendance and support
- Auditor liaison and file preparation
- Energy input and output negotiations for fixed term contracts
- Embedded benefit and demand response income monitoring
- Carbon price and CCL return support
- Support and advice on new developments such as metering arrangements, new technologies, external heat sources
- Representing AHP in negotiations with potential new customers
Please visit their website: www.aberdeenheatandpower.co.uk
Contact Telephone No. Contact Email Address Registered Address Company Registration No.
07740 946 433 email@example.com 28 Albyn Place SC 551580